Just because you're a boss doesn't mean you can't take advantage of remote work perks.
A new report from FlexJobs highlights many telecommuting positions at the top of the corporate ladder. The specific job titles include director, executive director, vice president and various C-level positions, such as CEO, chief operating office and chief financial officer.
The research shows that remote work is not just a fit for low-skilled, entry-level workers. In fact, FlexJobs found that three-quarters of employees who work from home earn at least $65,000 per year, which puts them in the upper 80th percentile of all employees, whether based in the home or office.
"Director, vice president, and C-level roles aren’t typically associated with telecommuting, but they absolutely can be compatible with remote work, and these opportunities will continue to grow as more companies integrate remote workers into their regular business practices," said Sara Sutton Fell, founder and CEO of FlexJobs, in a statement. "I encourage professionals with a good deal of career experience to research what executive-level jobs exist in their fields – people are oftentimes very surprised by what they find."
To give professionals a better idea of the types of remote jobs that are available to company leaders, FlexJobs combed through its extensive job listings to highlight various executive-level positions that incorporate some form of telecommuting, either full or part time. Executive-level jobs are those with department head responsibilities, such as director, vice president and C-level titles. Many of these positions require at least five to 10 years of experience and higher education degrees. [Creating a work from home policy for your office? Here's what it should include]
These are some of the upper-echelon jobs hiring now that offer remote work options:
- Chief financial officer: This position offers a part-time schedule with remote work options. Responsibilities include defining a schedule of financial and operational reporting, developing company financial reporting structures, and creating budgeting systems.
- Chief operating officer: The COO works alongside the CEO to build systems and structures, implement the company's vision, and manage leaders.
- Interim CEO consultant: This is a remote position in the health care industry that provides oversight and daily management of medical directors and practice managers.
- Chief development officer: Chief development officers build capacity to expand an organization's reach and impact, execute strategic plans, and oversee staff members.
- Vice president next-gen experience lead: With a work-from-home option, this position develops and implements solutions, implements requirements, promotes materials, transforms business, and oversees operational responsibilities.
- Medical director: This a remote position for someone who has board certification, extensive clinical experience, strong presentation skills, and the ability to provide medical monitoring and consultation.
- Corporate vice president: This position manages and supports teams, grows sales, monitors performance, builds partnerships, and resolves issues.
- Vice president of technology services: This is a full-time job with some telecommuting options. This person sets strategy, vision and goals, motivates and influences others, and is responsible for hiring and managing talent.
- Director of communications and operations: This is a full-time remote job that oversees critical strategic and operations support, provides project management, co-designs and executes strategies, and plans and executes conferences and retreats.
- Executive account director: This is a work-from-home executive who leads an account team, generates relationships with high-ranking customer decision-makers, and mentors account executives and solution architects.
- Regional director client executive: This remote position recruits and creates a team of client executives, generates strong relationships with larger clients and key advisors, and monitors quality indicators for a region.
- Assistant vice president of outside sales: This is a work-from-home job with a flexible schedule. The position identifies areas of growth for clients, cultivates opportunities for business, drafts and oversees pitches, and assists with contract negotiations.
- Executive director: This position handles overall management of the staff, develops and executes policies, serves as an external liaison, and secures programmatic and general operating funds.
- Executive director/sales representative: This remote job sells memberships by utilizing warm leads and serves as a resource for members on key business issues, benchmarking data and various networking opportunities.
- Director of business process: The duties of this job include implementing activities, monitoring performance, developing business relationships and managing communications.