The cost of employee monitoring software can often be beyond what small businesses can afford. SentryPC solves that problem by eliminating user minimums and providing annual subscription rates that many small businesses may find manageable. It is also suitable for larger companies, offering pricing tiers that appeal to businesses both large and small.
Its ease of use, strong features and affordable pricing without any user minimums set it apart from the competition. SentryPC is our best pick for employee monitoring software for small businesses.
SentryPC offers flexible pricing plans for businesses of all sizes. Best of all for small businesses is the ability to purchase a single license with no user minimums for a flat annual rate. Each additional license is steeply discounted from the initial rate as well, making it a scalable solution that won't cut into a small business's budget too deeply.
- Basic Plan: One license, up to 500 screenshots. $59.95 per year and $19.95 per year for each additional license
- Business 50: 50 licenses, up to 500 screenshots. $995 per year and $19.90 per year for each additional license
- Business 100: 100 licenses, up to 1,000 screenshots. $1,595 per year and $15.95 per year for each additional license
- Business 250: 250 licenses, up to 1,000 screenshots. $2,995 per year and $11.98 per year for each additional license
- Business 500: 500 licenses, up to 2,000 screenshots. $3,995 per year and $7.99 per year for each additional license
- Business 1,000: 1,000 licenses, up to 2,000 screenshots. $4,995 per year and $4.99 per year for each additional license
Activity Monitoring Features
SentryPC offers a host of tools and features for monitoring employee behavior and activity, from recording an employee's internet browsing history and live chat sessions to tracking what, if any, files were transferred and noting the physical location of monitored devices.
SentryPC also employs real-time alerts that notify admins of any misbehavior – even when the admin isn't looking. Even if the designated admin doesn't see the alert until well after it was triggered, SentryPC thoroughly documents screenshots for easy review after the fact.
Here's more about the monitoring tools SentryPC offers:
- Applications: The Applications tab shows which applications a user launched and at what time. You can also monitor which software the user is frequently using and determine whether it is work-related or not.
- Chats: This tool allows administrators to view any chats the user has engaged in, along with a timestamp, the sender, the messenger applications used and a transcript of the chat conversation.
- Clipboards: Clipboards allow administrators to see a timestamp of when a user copies any material to the Windows clipboard, and it will display the corresponding text that was copied to the clipboard.
- Events: Events discloses a number of actions on the part of the user, including printer usage, the opening of a new window in a browser or navigation to a particular website. It is essentially an overview of how a user is operating a device.
- Files: This tool shows the employee's action regarding any file stored on their device along with a corresponding timestamp. For example, if a user deletes a file, administrators can see which file was deleted at what time. Likewise, files that are copied, printed, renamed or that are newly created are also recorded by SentryPC.
- Keystrokes: This tool logs and displays a user's keystrokes, noting the given program and a transcript of what was written at what time. For example, if a user writes down a phone number in a Word document, administrators see what keystrokes occurred in Microsoft Word at the given date and time.
- Locations (IP): The IP-tracking tool does just that, it follows your users' devices and logs their latitude and longitude, automatically identifying the city they are in during usage. Like all other tools, each log is timestamped.
- Portable drives: Any portable drives that are inserted into a monitored device are tracked and timestamped.
- Print jobs: Print jobs can also be tracked and timestamped. When a user sends a file to print, the complete pathway is logged in SentryPC.
- Screenshots: Administrators can access screenshots from any monitored device, storing up to 500 screenshots in the archive. Each screenshot is timestamped and sorted by both user and device.
- Sessions: This tool shows user activity and idle time during each session. It breaks down full sessions between active and idle time, showing you just how engaged a user was and, of course, logs each session with a timestamp.
- Websites: Any websites a user visits while using a monitored device are tracked by username and device. Duration of website visits are timed, and the date and time at which the site was accessed is also recorded.
- Windows: The Windows activity monitoring tool shows any new windows opened by the user and is sortable by user, device, timestamp and window title.
Reporting and Time Management
SentryPC offers several useful reporting features, including a breakdown of all the top alerts that occur in the activity monitoring section, which allow admins to review general user activity or more specific activity, such as most frequently used applications or chat tools. SentryPC also provides device status reports that monitor the health of all devices that are licensed and synced with the software, and SentryPC's reports can be customized.
SentryPC includes time-management tools that allow administrators to set maximum hours of work on a daily and weekly basis. In addition to employee monitoring, SentryPC can be used as a safeguard or backup to time and attendance tools, ensuring employees don't work overtime. Admins can also set an alert period; for example, creating an automatic alert half an hour before an employee hits their time limit. Each user can be configured differently, which is especially useful when managing freelancer budgets and remote workers in different time zones.
SentryPC includes an integrated support section that provides access to documentation that can assist you with installing the program, troubleshooting or learning more about how the software works.
Of course, you can always contact the company directly through its tech support team; however, the online ticket system is generally the best method to reach SentryPC's support team, and it could take some time to receive a response. Simple, immediate issues are best resolved by referring to the documentation provided within the software.
For an inexpensive employee monitoring software, SentryPC delivers a high level of functionality. Its major limitation, however, is tech support. While the company provides a great deal of documentation and how-to guides, it really leaves users to figure out the finer points of the software on their own. If tech support is needed, customers must use the ticket system. For urgent issues, customers could be left waiting some time for a response.
Ready to choose an employee monitoring software solution? Check out the rest of our coverage: