- You can use Snapchat to promote your business.
- You can design your own Snapchat business filters.
- You can use geofilters to offer discounts.
Snapchat is known for its fun, creative and sometimes goofy filters that users can add to spice up their selfies and make shareable videos. Most of the filters you typically see are made by Snapchat and are universal to all users, but you may have noticed some that are specific to your location, whether it's a city or other public space.
Businesses can also have their own filters, making Snapchat a great marketing tool to not only impress customers but also get them sharing your brand and place of business with their Snapchat followers. Fortunately, setting up a Snapchat Geofilter is easy and affordable.
How do you make your own Snapchat filters?
Follow these simple steps to make your own Snapchat Geofilter:
1. Go to Snapchat's Geofilter site. First, pick which category of geofilters you want: Community, Personal or Business. Community filters are free and showcase cities, neighborhoods, schools and landmarks. Users can also share individual moments with special filters, such as going out with friends for lunch or parties.
Personal filters cost less than business filters; they create temporary geofilters that anyone can share for personal events, such as weddings and parties, and other purposes, as long as they don't promote a business's brand.
A business filter is meant for companies that want to create a filter with their branding to use for promotional purposes. These filters have a "Sponsored by" label at the bottom of the screen. You'll have to submit your business's name for this purpose and ensure you have all of the necessary permissions.
2. Design your filter. When designing a filter for your business, you have access to several templates from Snapchat, but you can also upload your own images and designs. Images you add to the filter need to be PNGs with transparent backgrounds and have resolutions of 1080 x 1920 pixels or 1080 x 2340 pixels.
Your filter must be appropriate and meet Snapchat's filter submission guidelines. Filter submissions must be reviewed and approved by Snapchat before they're added.
3. Pick your location and dates. The price of your geofilter depends on how big of an area you want to target and how long you'd like the geofilter to be available. The minimum area is 20,000 square feet, which you can select with a fence tool on an interactive Google Map. You then select the length of time you want the filter to be up.
Finally, you preview and submit your geofilter. For long-term geofilters, you can contact Snapchat to discuss an annual plan for your campaign. You should plan your geofilter a few weeks in advance in case Snapchat rejects your submission and you need to redesign and resubmit it.
4. Make a plan for your geofilter. Besides submitting your geofilter, you should make plans to integrate it into your business's overall marketing plans. Ensure your filter design is appealing and something users will want to share with their friends and followers to spread your brand.
Turn your geofilter into a promotion, informing customers that they can receive a discount if they make a snap with your filter. For example, restaurants or cafes can give a 10% discount off the bill if customers make a snap of their meal or drink.
Your geofilter doesn't have to be limited to your place of business. For example, you can set it up at a pop-up location or a convention you're attending to draw people in. In the filter, you can inform users where they can find your business, such as, "[Your business'’ name] at CES booth #108."
How much is a Snapchat business filter?
Snapchat Geofilters are fairly inexpensive yet provide a lot of value. The average cost of a geofilter over 22,000 square can run from $5 to $20.
Snapchat charges per geofilter. For $5, you get about 8 hours for an event in a major city. For $30, you get up to 25 hours for an event and about 81,000 square feet.
There are a few factors that influence pricing. First, where you want to establish your geofilter will affect the price; some cities and areas cost more than other geolocations. Second, how big of an area you want to target and how long you want the geofilter to be available will bump the price up.
What software can I use to design a Snapchat filter?
There are a number of applications that allow you to make your own Snapchat filter. Most are simple to learn. One of the easiest applications for designing a Snapchat filter is Adobe Spark Post. You do not need to know how to design or code anything to be able to use Adobe Spark Post. With this application, you can create backgrounds, colors, images and text to create and personalize your own Snapchat filter. The interface is simple to use, and you can master it quickly.
Another option is Canva. This application allows you to create a new geofilter or modify an existing one. Canva has a library of stickers and graphics that you can add to your design.
In your hunt for ways to design filters, do not forget that Snapchat has its own filters already in the application. This makes it really simple to create your own Snapchat Geofilter without ever leaving the app.
Using Snapchat Geofilters is a great way to advertise, especially for small or local businesses that may not be able to afford traditional ad campaigns on Snapchat.