- Personal Information we may collect from you
- Use made of your Personal Information
- Who do we share Your Personal Information with?
- International transfer of Personal Information
- Retention of your Personal Information
- Advertisements & Pop Up Windows
- Confidentiality and Security
- Children’s Privacy
- Third Party Links
- Your Rights regarding your Personal Information
- Questions and Suggestions
Personal information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a real name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, payment information, and account ID (“personal information”). When other information is directly associated with personal information, that information may also be considered personal information. Information that is irreversibly anonymized is not considered personal information.
A subset of personal information Savoo collects is defined as “sensitive personal information” under applicable law, and includes categories as described below.
Personal information we may collect from you:
Savoo collects and generally processes the personal information that you provided us with, directly when you use our Web Site. In particular, we may collect personal information at the following times:
(1) when you register to receive communications from this Web Site,
(2) when you seek information or apply for products and services offered through this Web Site,
(3) when you enter promotions or sweepstakes offered by this Web Site,
(4) when you provide personal information to us through feedback, survey, or other forms hosted on this Web Site,
(5) when you visit our Web Site, including through cookies and clear gifs, as described further below,
(6) when you contact us, and
(7) when you apply for a job with Savoo.
Such personal information may include:
- full name,
- postal address, shipping address,
- primary and secondary phone numbers,
- e-mail address,
- social security number, driver’s license, or passport/ID number,
- work authorization status, or sponsorship requirement,
- LinkedIn URL or other URL,
- resume, CV, cover letter, work experience, skills, and education information,
- reference-related information, current employer,
- professional and work-related licenses, permits, and certifications held,
- customer record information, including caller ANI, account number, and service address,
- payment-related information, including bank account or credit card information,
- voice recordings when you call us (however, payment-related information will not be recorded on the call),
- internet protocol (IP) address,
- information pertaining to internet or network activity such as your interaction with an advertisement, and other information obtained from cookies and clear gifs, as described further below.
Like other web sites, subject to your consent, we also automatically receive and record certain types of information every time you visit us. We use “cookies” for the Web Site to work but also to help with functionality and performance.  More information about cookies can be found in our Cookies section below.
We only use personal information collected through our Web Site when we have a legal basis to do so and for the purposes outlined below.
First, we process personal information for the management of our relationship on the basis of the contract between Savoo and you in order to:
- provide you with our products and services,
- process and fulfill your requests for information,
- send you communications related to our products and services, and
- evaluate your candidacy, including process your application and assess your qualifications.
Besides, we rely on your prior consent in order to:
- solicit your opinions and other feedback, survey,
- send you email newsletters,
- customize the advertising and content you receive,
- register you and operate our sweepstakes or promotions, and
In addition, we process personal information based on our legitimate interests which consist in:
- complying with non-EU/UK laws and responding to requests from, and other communications with, competent public, governmental, judicial or other regulatory authorities,
- protecting your rights, property or security and ours,
- conducting research,
- improving our products and services , and
- providing anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Finally, we process personal information to comply with the legal obligations to which we are subject, namely tax obligations.
To serve you more efficiently and effectively and subject to your consent, we use “cookies” technology. A cookie is a piece of small text file stored on the user’s terminal equipment when he assesses a web site that contains personal information about the user’s preferences or past actions. Cookies are linked to particular terminal devices over time, but we do not link personal information obtained from cookies to any other personal information we obtain.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our Web Site, but your ability to use some areas of it will be limited. For the exhaustive list of cookies used on our Web Site, their purposes and the related retention periods, please refer to our “About Cookies” page.
In addition, the following links provide instructions in order to manage your cookie preferences:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Enabling+and+disabling+cookies
We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs) that help us better manage content on our Web Site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movement of web site users. We also use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails the recipients have opened. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Who do we share Your Personal Information with?
We will share your personal information with BZ Holdings, Inc., which is part of our group and acting as processor.
In addition, we will share your personal information to the following categories of third parties, and/or under the following circumstances described below:
- Partners, sponsors, advertisers, and marketers  lookup and reference services and any other entities that Savoo believes are able to provide Users with special offers and opportunities, including retail opportunities, that relate to the requests you have made. These businesses include providers of direct marketing services and applications, including lookup and reference, data enhancement, suppression and validation and email marketing. In each case, you will have provided your explicit consent (for example, if you have requested a quote for a service from a particular company, we will share your information with that company to facilitate your request). Please also note that, in this context, Savoo may share anonymized information with selected companies that wish to reach a particular Users target audience. This information will allow these entities to provide relevant offers to specific Users.
- As Permitted by Law: We may share personal information with other persons, if we believe it is necessary to (1) comply with applicable laws; (2) respond to governmental inquiries; (3) comply with valid legal process; or (4) protect the rights or property of Savoo or other Users.
International Transfer of Personal Information
As mentioned above, we may share your personal information to recipients which are located out of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and the UK, in countries which have not been recognized as having an adequate level of protection.
Unless otherwise stated above, Savoo retains personal information only as long as required to fulfill the purposes described above, or as required by law.
Please note that the data retention period actually applied by Savoo may vary, depending on the relevant purpose.
With respect to the services and products provided to you, we will keep your personal information during the period of our contractual relationship extended by the applicable limitation period. With regard to marketing communications with prospects, we will keep your personal information for three (3) years after the last correspondence with us.
With respect to the processing carried out in order to protect or defend your rights, property and security and ours, Savoo will keep your personal information for the time of the relevant dispute or statute limitation period.
As to the processing carried out in order to comply with a legal obligation, we will keep your personal information for the duration of such obligation.
Upon expiry of the applicable data retention period, we undertake to erase or irrevocably anonymize the relevant personal information.
Advertisements & Pop Up Windows
On occasion, you may receive advertisements for Savoo from third parties. These advertisements are served by the third party web site that you have visited or directly from this Web Site. In addition, such advertisements may be placed by third party ad servers or ad networks. We maintain relationships with a number of third party ad networks currently operating. You may find more information on the web site of either the individual ad network or the network advertising initiative. Your relationships, transactions and any opt-in/opt-out requests with any such third party are governed by the specific policy such third party has, and not those of Savoo.
The security of your personal information is important to us and we take a number of steps to safeguard it:
We limit access to personal information to those employees or agents who assist us in providing requested products and services to you.
Employees are required to comply with our strict policies and procedures regarding the handling of your personal information. Employees who violate these policies are subject to our usual disciplinary process.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with latest data protection standards to guard personal information about you.
We use industry standard data encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer personal information on the Web Site.
You must be at least 16 years old to use this Web Site. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information about visitors under 16 years of age. If you are under 16 years of age, you may not use the services offered on our Web Site unless they are used with the consent, permission and supervision of your parents or guardians.
Third Party Links
Your Rights regarding your Personal Information
You have various rights in relation to the processing of your personal information:
- right of access: right to request confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed by Savoo and, where that is the case, right to receive a copy of it,
- right to request the correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal information,
- right to delete any personal information concerning you depending on the circumstances. For example, this right does not apply if the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims,
- right to restrict processing,
- For processing carried out by automated means, right to receive a copy of your personal information processed by us in an interoperable format (data portability),
- right to object to the processing on grounds relating to your particular situation.
In any case, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority, in particular in the country of your habitual residence, place of work or place of an alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of your personal information carried out by us infringes the applicable privacy laws.
Questions and Suggestions
(1) By sending an email to: [firstname.lastname@example.org]
(2) By sending a letter to:
Savoo UK Ltd
Attn: Customer Service
49-51 Farringdon Road,
London EC1M 3JP
Savoo Data Protection Officer Contact details
Savoo UK Ltd,
Attn: Data Protection Officer
49-51 Farringdon Rd, London EC1M 3JP
Please specify the purpose of such voice recording.
Please specify any other sources from which data originates (privately/publicly accessible sources & types of organization/industry/sector etc.) and the categories of personal information collected indirectly.
This should be consistent with the cookie banner. We remove the reference to advertising cookies as this is not covered in the cookie banner/about cookies. If you are using advertising cookies, this policy and the cookies materials should be modified accordingly.
Please confirm/complete any additional purposes conducted on the legal basis mentioned below.
Please note that this purpose may be considered as too vague by EU supervisory authorities.
We simplified this section as the information are provided in the “About Cookies page”. Please also refer to our email containing recommendations on cookie practices.
This was included in the “Sale of Your Personal Information” section – to be confirmed if this is actually the case here.
It is required to provide information on the period for which the personal data will be stored, or if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period.
Where a consent is collected in relation to the offer of information society services to a child, the processing of the personal data of a child shall be lawful where the child is at least 16 years old.
Where the child is below the age of 16 years, such processing shall be lawful only if and to the extent that consent is given or authorised by the holder of parental responsibility over the child.
In this respect, EU Member States may provide by law for a lower age for those purposes provided that such lower age is not below 13 years.
For harmonization purposes, we suggest to provide for 16 years of age.