Finding work-life balance is a difficult task for many working parents. The ability to work remotely eliminates commuting time and minimizes expenses for work travel, lunches and professional apparel. It also provides parents with more flexibility to fit their work into their lives while still being readily available to care for their family’s needs.
A host of job search websites advertise telecommuting positions that appeal to a range of parents, from those re-entering the workplace after time away to raise a family to seasoned professionals looking to reposition their careers. However, it’s necessary to sift through the scams and weed out the “it’s too good to be true” offers.
To get you started, here are 15 work-from-home jobs, currently listed on FlexJobs, a flexible job search website that is a member of the Better Business Bureau and screens all their job listings before posting.
1. Attorney (part time)
2. Bookkeeper (part time)
3. Case manager/care coordinator (full time)
4. Call center representative (full time)
5. Donor recruiter(full time, part time)
6. Event coordinator (full time and part time)
7. Human Resources generalist (full time)
8. Insurance inspector (part time)
9. Freelance writer(part time)
10. Marketing specialist (full time)
11. Sales representative (full time)
12. Software developer (full time)
13. Transcriptionist (part time)
14. Translator and Subtitler (part time)
15. Web designer (part time)