Here's how much gym management software costs, what it does and how you can use it to grow your business.
- The success of your gym, like any other business, depends on proper management of records, customer satisfaction and an efficient billing system.
- It is essential that you purchase the right gym management software based on the needs of your gym.
- The market avails various gym management software options with different features. Carry out a review of the software before making a purchase.
If you run a fitness-related business, and you're just getting acquainted with the world of studio software options available to you, this is a great introduction. There are lots of SaaS fitness solutions out there, each geared toward businesses of different types and sizes, and they all offer unique selling points.
What is gym management software?
Gym scheduling software is also sometimes referred to as fitness software, studio software, scheduling software or membership software. Such software solutions help businesses that offer memberships and classes keep track of their members, their employees and their schedules. While there is a wide range of scheduling solutions available, most SMB-focused gym scheduling software includes an employee-facing portal as well as client-facing features.
Features of a gym management software
Here are some crucial features you should consider when assessing gym management software:
- Automated billing. Automated billing ensures an up-to-date record of what is owed and allows you to be paid more efficiently with improved customer service. Ensure the gym software has additional key features such as no-show penalties, cost of cancellation and late fees payment.
- Digital contracts and waivers. A gym management software solution must have the ability to create contracts and waivers digitally. Digital documents will help you to streamline signup and legal considerations.
- Easy online sales and engagement. The software should allow a seamless link with your website and online presence. New members should be able to sign up 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You should be able to offer discounted classes and trial membership to spark interest. Most people often like to share their experience on social media. Have this option open, as it may act as a channel to gain new customers.
- Email and text management. The gym software should allow you to communicate with your clients through text messaging or emails. This can be a channel to market to your clients. This avenue can also be used to acknowledge client milestones, such as birthdays and anniversaries.
To keep track of your financials, daily reports and metrics allow you to arrest any irregularities. Financial measures can then be used to ensure the smooth running of your business.
How is gym software used?
Gym scheduling software can be used to assign classes or training sessions to specific employees, create membership limits on classes, onboard new members, track employee hours, pull reports, sell gym merchandise and memberships, keep track of members (through lightweight CRM-style features), track and process payments, and send emails.
Fitness trainers often use the same software to find out their upcoming schedules, see how many members are signed up for their services, and track members' progress. Meanwhile, customers use the software to book classes or services online (either through a dedicated app or on the company website), make payments, and in some cases access their individualized fitness information.
Who uses gym management software?
Gym scheduling software isn't just for people who run traditional gyms. Dance studios, yoga studios, gymnastics training centers, spin studios, spas, salons and even independent personal trainers use scheduling software. Any business that focuses on providing classes or services to clients may use fitness software.
However, for schools, camps or event venues that have large spaces with lots of reservable space, traditional scheduling software is best. The focus of gym scheduling software is membership management, trainer and class scheduling, and milestone tracking, not space utilization or resource management.
What types of fitness scheduling software are out there?
Because there are so many types of businesses that use appointment scheduling software, different companies have developed to serve niche groups. The giant in the industry is Mindbody, which operates much like other large SaaS companies, offering niche features for different types of businesses within a large customizable product.
There are also industry-specific software products, which tend to be less expensive and built-with specific users in mind. Examples of niche gym software include Wodhopper, which was built for CrossFit gyms, and Jackrabbit Class, which is ideal for dance and gymnastics studios.
How much does gym scheduling software cost?
Gym scheduling software, like other SaaS solutions, is available at several price points. Some fitness software is offered at a flat rate for an unlimited number of users and members; other platforms charge based on the number of users (employees and/or club members). Unfortunately, for you to find out pricing, most companies require a submitted request.
In general, larger companies charge more. Mindbody, the industry leader, offers an essential package that starts at $125 a month. The SaaS provider's highest tier begins at $395 a month. Some niche products, like Wodhopper, offer flat monthly rates ($130 a month in Wodhopper's case), while others, like Vagaro (for spas, salons and fitness studios), start at $25 per month for one user and $35 a month for two users, and continue to scale upward.
For gyms, fitness studios and personal trainers, gym management software is the best way to accept and track payments and manage both members and employees. If you do your homework and shop around, membership management software can help you minimize the time spent on paperwork and analog tracking and provide a better experience for your customers.