Microsoft has been busy lately. The company recently added two new tracks to the Microsoft Professional Program (MPP), with three more tracks to arrive before the end of 2017. Looks like they've got a number of new MCSA and a new MCSE coming as well.
Here's what's new that I see coming out of this hot new track, which grows on the company's database, business intelligence, and Azure platforms:
- MCSA Machine Learning. Based on two exams 773: Analyzing Big Data with Microsoft R and 774: Perform Cloud Data Science with Azure Machine Learning, this credential prepares IT professionals to dive into machine learning projects and programs full-bore.
- If you earn the MCSA Machine Learning, you need pick up only one more elective exam from the "Elective Exam Pool" table shown in the infographic, and presto: You'll have earned the brand-new MCSE: Data Management & Analytics. This lets interested IT pros cover a raft of topics related to cloud data platforms, big data analytics, SQL Server, data warehousese and data modeling, and more. Good stuff!
- Looks like we have three new MCSAs in this general area still under development, too, shown in pink at the bottom of the infographic. These include:
- MCSA Business Intelligence Reporting: requires exams 778 Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI plus 779 Analyzing Data with Excel
- MCSA Data Engineering with Azure: requires exams 775 Perform Data Engineering on Microsoft HD Insight and 776: Engineering Data with Microsoft Cloud Services
- MCSA Azure Database Development: requires exams 777 Implementing NoSQL Solutions with DocumentDB and Azure Search and 473: Designing and Implementing Cloud Platform Solutions (available)
Thus, there's lot of great stuff to dig into and learn on the big data/data science/data analytics front right now at Microsoft. Be sure to check out the new MPP offerings as well. Looks like many of the (free) edX courses for those tracks will play directly into the certification exam topics for the preceding cert credentials. That could make them the best free training deal ever.