- Managing your business's digital campaigns can get overwhelming, especially when you have to scroll, flip and read through numerous unrelated articles just to get to those that are relevant to your business. Flipboard allows you to organize your information and networking in one place.
- Flipboard is a solution to organize the information you want to see, expand your business networks more efficiently, and share links and/or email articles quickly.
- You get many advantageous abilities with the Flipboard app, including creating brochures, telling your brand's story, and creating visually attractive posts and articles.
It's easy to get into a rut when it comes to managing your digital campaigns. Websites, blog posts and social media feeds have become the usual fodder for promoting your business. But in our constantly connected world, one resource you shouldn't overlook is Flipboard. The app, which is a popular destination for finding and curating content, offers a unique way for your business to showcase itself.
What is Flipboard?
Flipboard is a personalized magazine app designed for tablets and phones, though you can also access it on a PC. It gathers stories from around the web based on your personal interests and then delivers them to you in a visual feed.
Flipboard operates on both iOS and Android. It opens like a traditional app in iOS, and you can set it up as a widget on Android; however, the widget does not allow interaction, only the ability to add personalized visual flair to the home screen. Setting up the Flipboard app is easy; you can create an account from scratch or by way of Facebook, and the categories of interest that you select can be changed at any time.
Flipboard is an excellent tool for small businesses. As a small business owner, you can use the app to create and build a magazine with a variety of content from prominent sources and authority websites in your field, which will help to establish your expertise and improve your credibility. The Flipboard platform allows you to design a magazine that provides your readers with a story about your company and/or product. You can also use Flipboard to do internal market research and check out articles by your competitors to gauge how they are positioning themselves.
What are the benefits of Flipboard?
If you use Facebook and Twitter as often as most people do, you're aware that it typically requires a few extra clicks to view an article or picture. Flipboard works differently: It allows you to pull all elements of an article together, so you can scan the images and text without any extra clicks.
These are some other benefits of using Flipboard:
- Eliminate the information clutter. With the Flipboard platform, you don't need to waste time reading numerous irrelevant articles or tweets, because all of your content is organized for you. If you follow a lot of people on Twitter, the app allows you to quickly see the posts of those you frequently interact with.
- Network efficiently. If you are looking for ways to expand your business affiliations or your social networks, you can use Flipboard to reply to your network and share comments all in one place. You can see your contacts' latest posts, and if you see a post or article that would be beneficial for someone in your network, you can send a quick email to them about it through the platform.
- Effectively share links. You can share articles by retweeting or emailing them, which will help you attract other readers and comments.
How to take advantage of Flipboard for your marketing efforts
1. Monitor your industry.
Flipboard allows you to follow topics, companies and other user-curated content to keep tabs on a specific subject, so you can use it to keep up with the competition or general industry trends. It regularly pulls these updates to perpetually feed you new information. You can also share your collection with others.
2. Create a brochure.
Use Flipboard to showcase your best products or content for current and potential customers. You can pull in links to products from your company's website, or put forth articles that are useful for the type of content you need to distribute. Check out this nostalgic gift catalog as an example.
3. Tell a customer's story.
You can use Flipboard's web regurgitation ability to repackage news clippings, features, or other articles that showcase the work of a customer or client. It's a much better way to highlight your company's work or how a customer has benefited from your business than just sharing a collection of links.
Editor's note: Looking for the right social media marketing solution for your business? Fill out the below questionnaire to have our vendor partners contact you about your needs.
4. Jazz up your weekly newsletter.
We all get those company newsletters, clogging up our inboxes with boring links and staid text. A Flipboard collection is far easier on the eyes. To add in your own content, you can create a custom magazine and pull in sources that your readers will find useful so they keep coming back and don't send your message to the spam folder.
5. Create magazines as handouts.
Forget spending tons of money on glossy handouts that are only going to end up in the recycling bin; you can create a digital magazine handout on Flipboard. Attendees can be given the link and then subscribe from their own Flipboard. This allows you to continually update it over time and nurture those important contacts. [Interested in social media marketing tools? Check out our best picks for small business.]
6. Share with your team.
You can create a digital magazine to share stories with your team. Simply go to Flipboard.com/tech and use the group magazine module. You can set it up so that everyone on the team can help curate content to keep you up to date on industry news, trends, competitor insights or even press coverage of your company.
7. Don't forget the tools.
To do this and more, you need to have the right set of tools from Flipboard. The Flipboard Chrome extension lets you save anything from the web directly into one of your custom magazines.
Another useful resource is a magazine widget that puts your custom magazine on your website. There's also a follow, share, and browser button and other resources that you can grab directly from Flipboard.
You may need to include instructions for your customers who are not familiar with the service. They'll get a better experience from the dedicated app if they access your content from a mobile device. However, your total package will come across in a more eye-catching manner than traditional methods.