After conducting extensive research and analysis of video conference services, we recommend ClickMeeting as the best overall video conference service.
Already prepared to choose a video conference service? Here's a breakdown of our complete coverage:
- Choosing a Video Conference Service: A Buyer's Guide
- Best Video Conference Services: 2016 Edition
- Best Inexpensive Video Conference Service
- Best Video Conference Service for Many Participants
- Best Cloud-based Video and Phone Conferencing Collaboration Tools
ClickMeeting is our top choice for video conference systems for businesses because it blends diverse features, high quality audio and video, and ease of use without the headache of integrating a complex or unwieldy system. Because of its user-friendly interface, training for your employees should be minimal. There's also a 30-day free trial available, so your staff can take it out for a spin before you commit to buying.
ClickMeeting offers a wide array of features essential to businesses in a video conferencing system. There are different pricing plans, some of which have additional uses. Here are some of the features available in every plan:
- Add-ons – Even if you're not interested in all the bells and whistles, you can purchase specific expansions such as extra seats in a conference, additional presenters, more recording capacity, etc.
- App integration – ClickMeeting allows you to integrate Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Google Chrome and Calendar, as well as applications from Android, Apple and Blackberry. Also integrates with YouTube, iCal and Facebook.
- Chat text translations – ClickMeeting includes 52 languages that can be used to translate chat text in real time. This is a useful feature for companies that regularly work with international partners.
- Customized invitations – Create custom email invitations that can be tailored to match your brand’s color scheme. Includes agendas and webinar objectives, as well as a registration button for participants.
- Interoperability – ClickMeeting is interoperable with virtually any other video conference platforms.
- Polls and surveys – Users can create polls or surveys for the audience so presenters can gain feedback or insights about the topic at hand. The information could be used to determine a specific course of action, delegate responsibilities, or simply solicit feedback to improve future webinars. Includes single choice, multiple choice and open-ended formats.
- Private chat – ClickMeeting supports one-on-one direct messages during conferences.
- Screen sharing – Whether you need to walk colleagues through presentations and files, or you're training new employees or clients on how to use the system, the ability to share your screen – or remotely command another user's – often comes in handy.
- Social media sharing – Are you trying to cast a wide net with your video conference? Share your room with your social networks and expand your reach.
- Subaccounts – Enables other users to be granted access to a specific account. All users have their own separate storage space and available recording time, as well as their own unique login credentials.
- Waiting room w/ agenda – While participants wait to enter a meeting, they can view a waiting- room screen that includes the agenda for the meeting, additional information about the presenter, or more details about the organization's objectives.
- Webinar timelines – A timeline of your webinars and events that allows you to review your past use of ClickMeeting. Allows you to dive deeper with a fuller examination of statistics and a report-generation tool to focus on a particular topic or trend. Timelines also allow you to duplicate past events in the event an upcoming conference will use a similar format.
- Webinar rebranding – Add logos and alter color schemes to match the conference rooms appearance to your own brand. Make ClickMeeting an extension of your organization.
- Webinar recording – Recording allows you to archive previous conferences, meetings, and presentations for future review. Use them for training material, allow absent employees to catch up on their own time, or revisit for the purposes of modifying your strategic objectives.
- Whiteboard – A built in collaboration tool that allows users to draw and write to one another in an effort to better facilitate brainstorming and innovative thinking.
ClickMeeting's interface is intuitive, simple to navigate and aesthetically pleasing. Users will encounter a sleek dashboard that doesn't feel cluttered or overwhelming. Scheduling meetings, reviewing statistics, creating a conference room and connecting with other users is simple, straightforward and requires minimal training. There's a lot to explore, but it’s all laid out in a self-explanatory manner and it's easy to get comfortable using the software by clicking around. The 30-day free trial is a great opportunity to become well acquainted with the system and decide whether or not it suits your team. ClickMeeting runs well and maintains its user-friendly interface on both desktops and mobile devices. All in all, simplicity is where ClickMeeting excels.
For a more in-depth rundown of the system watch a tutorial here.
ClickMeeting isn't the cheapest service out there, but considering the number of features and ease of use it's not cost prohibitive, either. The company offers a number of pricing packages, which are outlined below. Prices listed here are by month, but ClickMeeting offers a 20 percent discount for purchases on an annual basis.
"MyWebinars" Package (25 to 100 attendees):
Includes two presenters, four video streams, a rebranding tool and 4 hours of recording.
- $30 per month for 25 users.
- $39 per month for 50 users.
- $69 per month for 100 users.
"MyWebinars Pro" Package (50 to 500 attendees):
Billed as the company's "best deal," Pro includes four presenters, four video streams, a rebranding tool, 6 hours of recording, high definition and 24 hours of recordings in archive storage.
- $45 per month for 50 users.
- $79 per month for 100 users.
- $179 per month for 500 users.
"Enterprise" Package (500 to 5,000 attendees):
For enterprise clients, ClickMeeting "will build a custom, scalable webinar solution that you can rely on." Purchase includes a dedicated account manager, expert consultations, additional add-ons, live webcasting, high definition and rebranding services.
- Begins at $209 per month for 500 users.
Lack of phone support: While ClickMeeting does offer email and live chat support from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, the company has no phone support services for customers. However, in addition to email and live chat, ClickMeeting offers a number of educational materials, like downloadable PDFs or video tutorials.
Overall, ClickMeeting represented the strongest features selection for the most reasonable cost at the highest quality. It's intuitive interface scored it big points, as did its ability to integrate with some of the leading digital applications and its interoperability with additional platforms. That's why we name it our best overall video conference service pick for business.
We chose ClickMeeting from a pool of dozens of video conference services. To learn more about our full methodology and for a more comprehensive list of video conference services, visit our best picks page here.