You don’t need to be a nonprofit to do good. Small businesses looking to give back can learn more about cause marketing via a free webinar from the entrepreneur-focused website Ventureneer on May 18, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. EST. The webinar will show small business owners how they can partner with nonprofits to help each other increase visibility, build community and increase return on investment, whether that investment is measured in dollars or donors.
A good cause marketing program has the potential to increase donations, volunteers and supporters for the nonprofit while the business gets access to new, emotionally connected customers and greater visibility in the community.
"Cause marketing gives both partners a return on investment, which may be new supporters, potential income or greater visibility," said Geri Stengel, founder of Ventureneer.com, who will be teaching the webinar.
Research has shown that successful entrepreneurs build social responsibility programs, such as cause marketing, into their business plans from the beginning, according to Ventureneer. Those same entrepreneurs like to work with local nonprofits and to be personally involved, the company said.
The key to success is finding the right partner. Businesses should ask themselves:
- What cause meshes with your target market?
- What business represents the values of your organization?
- How can each partner ensure that the partnership will enhance its support and visibility?
The webinar, titled "Cause Marketing: A Win-Win for Small Businesses and Nonprofits," will help both nonprofit leaders and small business owners decide what kind of partner best suits their organization and how to make sure the partnership works for everyone.
Stengel emphasized that cause marketing is not just for big businesses. No matter the size of your budget, cause marketing can add value to the mix. Small nonprofits and small businesses can get and give value from such partnerships.
The webinar will clarify:
- The buy-in needed within an organization before undertaking a cause marketing partnership;
- How to decide if this partner represents the nonprofit's values;
- How to decide if this partner matters to the client base of the business;
- What motivates businesses to partner with a nonprofit;
- How to determine the value of a nonprofit to the small business and vice versa;
- The benefits of partnerships for small businesses and for nonprofits;
- How to ensure that both the nonprofit and the small business are satisfied with the outcome of the partnership.
Nonprofit leaders, board members, nonprofit executive directors, chief financial officers, fundraisers as well as small business owners and entrepreneurs will learn how to put together a socially responsible marketing program in this webinar.
For more information or to register, go to Cause Marketing: A Win-Win for Small Businesses and Nonprofits.
- The Business of Good: Social Entrepreneur Update
- Patrick Schwarzenegger: The Business of Doing Good
- Eat, Pray, Shop: Celeb Author as Small Business Owner