No two words can strike fear into the hearts of small business owners quite like "tax season." Although meeting the April 15 deadline can keep entrepreneurs up at night, there is no reason for panic if you are prepared. Our latest #BNDChat aimed to get business owners ready for tax season with plenty of time to still file. Holly Signorelli, CPA — author and owner of Holly M Nicholas, CPA, PC — joined this month's chat to answer all the questions small business owners have about tax season. Here's a quick recap:
1) Are there any major changes to tax laws that SMBs should be aware of for 2015?
2) What types of deductions should a small business owner consider to help them save money this year?
3) What are some common mistakes SMBs make when preparing for tax season?
4) What should small business owners discuss with an accountant or tax professional before filing their taxes?
5) What do freelancers and businesses that use freelancers need to do during tax season?
6) Are there any important tax breaks small business owners should know about before filing?
7) What effect will the ACA have on small businesses filing this year?