Twitter Analytics is one of the most indispensable tools in a small business's arsenal. Now, mobile users have access to the dashboard for on-the-go analytics.
Twitter announced yesterday (Dec. 22) — in a tweet, no less — that it is adding mobile analytics to its iOS app. Called the Tweet activity dashboard, this feature displays a wide range of Tweet data that the company says will "help you optimize your performance on Twitter" by leveraging insights and incorporating them into your Twitter marketing strategy.
Here's what Twitter's new mobile analytics dashboard has to offer and how it can help your business. [Twitter for Business: Everything You Need to Know]
Answer important questions
The Tweet Activity Dashboard can help you discover and break down key metrics by answering some of the most critical questions you have as a Twitter business user. Metrics include:
- Impressions: how many times your Tweet appears in timelines or search results
- Embedded media clicks: number of clicks to view a photo or video in a Tweet
- Link clicks (including Cards)
- Profile clicks (including profile photo clicks)
- Favorites, retweets, email shares and detail expands
- Follows directly from a Tweet
Twitter said that in addition to providing numbers, these metrics can help you answer the following marketing questions to improve your campaigns and boost engagement:
- Which of my tweets resonate best with my target audience?
- How do my tweet metrics break out by organic and promoted activity?
- How does my recent performance compare to past results?
- How do my engagement metrics break down by type?
Using the mobile analytics dashboard
You can access the mobile dashboard directly from the Twitter app. Just click on a tweet, and then click on the "View Tweet Activity" option located right below your tweet. This will bring up the Tweet activity screen, which shows total impressions, total engagements, engagement highlights, profile clicks and more.
You'll also need the latest version of Twitter from iOS. Update the app from your Settings menu or from the App Store.