Looking for a 2-in-1 notebook? Business professionals have plenty of choices when it comes to laptops that turn into tablets and vice versa, many of which involve a removable keyboard.
But if constantly attaching and detaching your keyboard — and carrying it around with your tablet — isn't your thing, check out the Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 14, a full-featured 2-in-1 laptop that's so flexible, it can flip 360 degrees and take on four modes all on its own.
Weighing 3.46 lbs. and at just 0.75-inches thick, the Lenovo Yoga 14 is designed for easy mobility for business users. It has a full-HD 14-inch, 1920 x 1080-resolution touch screen, which Laptop Mag describes as "reasonably bright with vivid color." Here's what else the Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 14 has to offer business users. [Best Laptop/Tablet (2-in-1) Hybrids for Business: 2014]
What makes the Lenovo Yoga 14 stand out is that it is one of the most flexible 2-in-1 notebooks available for business users, so much so that it should be called a 4-in-1 instead. Whether you need a full notebook to work on business files, a tablet for on-the-go productivity, or a presentation display or stand, the Yoga 14 has your back.
Like its name implies, the Yoga 14 contorts into four forms:
- Laptop mode. The default notebook mode with a horizontal keyboard and upright screen.
- Stand mode. Use the keyboard as a stand for presentations.
- Tent mode. Turn the laptop into an upside-down "V" for watching movies
- Tablet mode. Flip the keyboard 360 degrees to turn the laptop into a 14-inch tablet.
It also comes with a "Lift 'n' Lock" feature, which gives the keyboard a flat surface at 360 degrees so the keys don't stick out when in tablet mode.
In addition to its multimode features, the Yoga 14 offers business users several features to enhance productivity and keep the device protected:
- Windows 8 optimized touch screen. The 10-point multitouch display aims to deliver an excellent user experience with faster, smoother and better responsiveness.
- Instant resume. Wake up the device from sleep mode in less than two seconds, and from hibernation in less than seven seconds.
- Digitizer pen. The Yoga 14 supports an optional digitizer pen so you can easily and quickly take notes, sign documents, work on PDFs and more.
- Stunning graphics. If your business is graphics-heavy, the device comes with the Nvidia GeForce GTX 840M GPU to serve all your multimedia needs.
- Durability. Built with an ultra-durable magnesium-alloy frame and a heavy-duty, scratch-free Corning Gorilla Glass display, the Yoga 14 can take a beating. Its hard drive also comes with Active Protection System, which "pillows" the hard drive when it senses sudden movements to protect your data.
Power and battery life
The Yoga 14 has all the power and performance you need in a business laptop. It runs on Windows 8.1 and ships with a 4th-generation Intel Core i5 processor with 8GB of RAM. You can get up to a 1TB of storage with the option of having it built with a solid state drive. The device also comes with the Lenovo Performance Booster, which can improve performance by up to five times.
If you need to connect external devices and peripherals, the Yoga 14 comes with several ports: two USB 3.0 ports, a mini-HDMI port, a 4-in-1 card reader and Lenovo OneLink.
Where the Yoga 14 could probably use a boost in is battery life, depending on your needs. It comes with an 8 Cell Li-Polymer 47Wh battery, which should give you eight hours of juice on a single charge.
Cost and availability
The Lenovo Yoga 14 costs $1,199 and will be available at the end of October.