More than any other age group, Generation Y continues to show significant interest in entrepreneurship .
Almost half of Americans ages 15 to 25 say they want to start businesses within five years, according to the Small Business Opinion Poll from insurance company Employers.
Eight percent of the 1,258 consumers polled by Infogroup for the Employers survey said they already have launched a business.
- 15- to 25-year-olds: 46 percent
- 26- to 45-year-olds: 35 percent
- 46- to 65-year-olds: 21 percent
- 66-year-olds and older: 4 percent
The findings suggest a person’s desire to be an entrepreneur diminishes with age.
- 22 Motivational Songs for Business Owners and Entrepreneurs
- Social Media Savvy: A Week of Tips to Help Your Business
- '50 Happiest Companies in America' List