With nearly 400 million users, Google + is quickly becoming a social media favorite for many.
Despite the large interest, many small businesses are struggling to figure out how best to use Google +'s unique features to grow their brand.
To help, social analytics firm SumAll offers businesses several tips on how to make the most of the new social network.
- Give your brand a face: Google + allows businesses to put a face to their content by giving companies the platform to show off their goods. Focus on a creative way of incorporating photos and other visuals. When posting, use a mix of content, some with links to the company website and other platforms, and some with none.
- State your location: Having a Google + local page allows information from a business' Google + page to show up in local search results. Businesses with Google + local business pages, and positive reviews, have a better chance of appearing on the highly visible first page of results in a Google search.
- Access the video power: Video is a major separator between Google + and every other social network. If these videos are done right, Google + can bring a company's social engagement to a whole new level. Businesses can hold private meetings, host public webinars, walk customers through different software uses, all through their Google + page. Businesses can use Google + video capabilities to access a different kind of content and connect with their target audience.
- Give equal content opportunity: Don't get carried away promoting one aspect of the business. Mix it up. Nike, for example, balances sports coverage by making sure that no one sport gets more play than another and highlights stories that provide the most unique perspective.
- Give followers some say, and a little something extra: Reward followers. They are more likely to stay loyal customers when they feel their business is valued. The game "Angry Birds" is a great example. It uses their Google + page to ask for fan comments, make announcements and share exclusive content.
SumAll, now in 30 countries, is a socially conscious company focused on harnessing the full power of real-time business intelligence for marketers.
Originally published on BusinessNewsDaily.