Want to promote your business on LinkedIn? Sponsored Updates are now available to all LinkedIn advertisers and Company Page administrators.
Sponsored Updates is a form of content marketing that appears as updates in LinkedIn members' feeds on desktop, smartphone and tablet devices. By delivering relevant content, companies can reach a targeted audience of professionals that are searching for insights to help them be better at what they do.
Using LinkedIn's self-serve advertising platform, any business, from startups to large companies, can sponsor updates to advertise their products and services. The self-serve tool also enables businesses to target specific audiences based on professional profile data and manage advertisement budgets of any size.
To start promoting your business, you'll need to register for an advertising account and a company page.
In the coming months, LinkedIn will continue to share best practices on how to make the most of Sponsored Updates. In the meantime, here are some tips they've shared on how to promote your business on LinkedIn:
- Optimize headlines – Companies should "think like a journalist" and create concise intros and snappy headlines that people want to click on
- Drive engagement – Start conversations by asking questions, encouraging members to share their thoughts in the comments section, and including a call to action (for example, be sure to add links to your update, which can drive twice the engagement as updates without links).
- Don't be boring – Understand your audience and provide updates that are both entertaining and insightful.
- Get visual – Always include a high-quality image, infographic or other type of eye-catching rich media to stand out and grab your audience's attention.
- Add a video – Want to go viral? YouTube videos that play directly in the feed can result in a 75 percent higher share rate than those without videos.
- Track and refine – Manage your updates by maintaining an editorial calendar, tracking analytics and monitoring performance to improve your updates for better results.
LinkedIn's Sponsored Updates can reach professionals in 20 languages and 200 countries and territories. Companies can target any segment of LinkedIn's premium audience of more than 225 million members.