So you’ve reconnected with all your old high school friends and you’re being treated to a minute-by-minute account of your co-worker’s most mundane status updates, but you haven’t quite figured out how social media networking sites are going to help you better your business.
A free online, all-day seminar planned for July 28 could help you translate all those Tweets and entertaining, yet totally useless, YouTube videos into a business strategy that will position your company to take advantage of the buzz social media can generate .
The seminar, called "ReTweet: Engagement Means Business," is specifically targeted to PR and online marketing professionals but can be attended by anyone. It will be held, Wed., July 28 from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (EST).
Featured speakers and topics will include:
- From PR's Past to Social Media Power, Deirdre Breakenridge, President and Executive Director of Communications, Mango!
- Game Change: The New Rules of Marketing & PR, David Meerman Scott, Marketing Strategist and Author
- Integrated Marketing Communications: Engaging Your Audience Online, Beth Harte, Client Services Director, Digital Marketing, Serengeti Communications
- Optimizing PR for the Web in 2010, Lee Odden, CEO, TopRank Online Marketing
- Engage or Die, Brian Solis, Principal at FutureWorks and Author of Engage!
Attendees that register for the event, hosted by Lantham, Md.-based Vocus, will have access to the conference on-demand for six months following the live event. There is no cost to attend the conference. To register visit online: http://tinyurl.com/262qt29.
- Should I Use Social Media to Promote My Business?
- Get Your Business Noticed: Promotion on a Shoestring
- How Do I Advertise on the Internet on a Small Budget?