Credit: Internship image via Shutterstock
No company provides a better internship experience than Google, new research shows.
For the second year in a row, the search engine giant has been rated the top company for interns by online career site Glassdooor. The rankings apply to those companies currently offering internships, and draw from reviews by the people who know best what it is like to intern at a business: current and former interns.
In addition to interns who rated their overall experience as very satisfying, Google also earned top scores for the financial packages it offers. Among all intern positions, a Google software engineering intern brings in the second highest average monthly base pay of $6,462.
Proctor & Gamble, which pays interns an average monthly salary of nearly $4,000, moved up six spots this year, from eighth to second.
Other businesses making it into this year's Top 20 Highest Rated Companies Hiring Interns Right Now include (with monthly salaries):
- Qualcomm – Intern ($4,955), Engineering Intern ($4,690)
- Microsoft – Research Intern ($7,050), Software Development Engineer in Test Intern ($5,951), Software Development Engineer Intern ($5,910), Program Manager Intern ($5,795)
- Nordstrom – Intern ($2,006)
- GE – Intern ($2,874)
- PwC – Advisory Intern ($4,873), Intern ($4,154), Assurance Intern ($4,014), Tax Intern ($3,914), Audit Intern ($3,749)
- Intel – Undergraduate Technical Intern ($4,280)
- KPMG – Intern ($3,729)
- Cisco – Intern ($4,077), Software Engineer Intern ($3,618)
- Ernst & Young – Audit Intern ($4,269), Tax Intern ($4,165), Intern ($3,875)
- IBM – Software Engineer Intern ($4,609)
- MTV Networks – Intern (N/A)
- Scottrade – Branch Intern ($1,864), Intern ($1,715)
- Amazon – Software Development Engineer Intern ($5,564), Financial Analyst Intern ($3,138)
- Merrill Lynch – Intern ($1,544)
- Deloitte – Tax Intern ($4,220), Audit Intern ($4,040), Intern ($3,993)
- JP Morgan Chase – Intern ($4,042)
- Accenture – Intern ($3,476)
- UBS Financial Services – Intern ($2,047)
To be included in the rankings, companies had to be currently hiring interns and have received Glassdoor reviews from at least 20 of their current or former interns.