20 Crazy Holiday Party Stories
Too much holiday cheer can be a bad thing for workers, particularly at the annual office party. A new poll reveals some of the most outrageous and out-of-hand behaviors that workers have seen at their company holiday parties. They include:
- An employee threw his co-worker in a lagoon.
- A person rode naked on a Ferris wheel.
- Someone drove a golf cart into a river. He jumped out before the cart went into the water.
- An employee went through everyone's desk while the company was partying.
- An employee dressed up as a wrestler.
- All the bosses wore boxer briefs.
- Someone sported all red at a black-and-white affair.
- One co-worker brought all of his relatives to the office picnic.
- An employee brought a cocker spaniel to a work event — and the dog relieved himself by the refreshments.
- Someone came to the party accompanied by his pet python.
- One co-worker came to a Christmas party with a bag of Tupperware so she could pack up all the leftovers.
- A person left an event wearing someone else's shoes.
- Someone took eyeglasses that did not belong to him.
- An employee was caught loading his car with food from the holiday party.
- An employee shattered a glass table.
- During a holiday picnic, two co-workers decided it was the perfect time to hash out their differences with an all-out fistfight.
- An employee broke his leg climbing a wall.
- Someone fell out of a loft and landed hard on a cobblestone floor.
- Co-workers were competing on the dance floor to see who could do the best moves. It turned into a fight and they both were let go for inappropriate behavior.
- A couple got engaged.
"Company events are for getting to know co-workers better and having fun, but employees should keep their behavior in check," said Donna Farrugia, executive director of The Creative Group, which conducted the research. "As with any social interaction with your boss and colleagues, it's important to display professional etiquette, even outside of office walls."