Launching an e-commerce store involves much more than simply setting up a website with a shopping cart. Driving real traffic to an e-commerce site takes serious marketing and follow through.
"Like any new business, setting up an e-commerce store involves an abundance of research, strategy, planning and business savvy," said IzzoNet, an online platform that helps small businesses build e-commerce sites. "Then, once your store is up-and-running, there is much to consider for ongoing operations, customer service, marketing (including SEO), expansion and more."
To help businesses in their e-commerce efforts, IzzoNet offers the following advice.
- Invest your time– For your own e-commerce business to be successful, time is your biggest investment. The more time you put in to your business, the greater the chances are of succeeding. However, an e-commerce business can also benefit you if you only invest a short amount of hours in it, as long as your time is being spent effectively.
- Find a platform that is attentive to your needs- An attentive and passionate customer support team can save you loads of time.
- Keep reliable sources of information- While running a business, store owners tend to encounter unpredicted challenges. It’s important that once you face a challenge, you have a knowledge base filled with information that helps you overcome it.
- It’s okay to dream – Convey your dreams through your store design. Technology today barely limits your design aspiration. When choosing a store design template, let loose, but also ensure that it corresponds to your products.
- Strategies to generate traffic- Once their store is up and running, owners must start attracting customers to their businesses. Therefore, the platform you choose to work with has to have suitable marketing tools (Facebook Store, eBay & Amazon Integration, Price Comparison sites integration, Coupon Distribution, etc.)
- Analyze and optimize – For a business to grow, its weaknesses must be translated into strengths. Future store owners should guarantee their business has the tools and integration capabilities for a thorough analysis of their operation. Thereafter, adjust and optimize their actions consequently.