It's no secret that people bet on sports at work, but a new poll reveals that's not the only thing they're betting on.
According to a new CareerBuilder survey, employees have also admitted to making all manner of work-related wagers, including:
- Who would be the first person to drink too much at a company party.
- When someone would punch out the supervisor.
- How long the CEO's fourth marriage would last.
- Who in the office would be the last to get their power back after a big snowstorm.
- How many accidents would occur at the intersection outside of the office building.
- The fake illness with which a co-worker would call in sick.
- How long it would take someone to quit.
- When impending litigation would be filed against the company.
- The amount of news coverage a particular celebrity would receive in a week.
- Who would grow the best beard in one month's time.
The information in the CareerBuilder poll was based on a survey conducted by Harris Interactive. The survey based its results on the responses of more than 7,700 workers.
Reach BusinessNewsDaily staff writer David Mielach at Dmielach@techmedianetwork.com. Follow him on Twitter @D_M89.